BY SINEAD HANLON
Celtronic are back with a 5-day stellar line up of music workshops and the best of international dance DJs in Derry-Londonderry from June 28th– July 1st.
There are a plethora of artists playing at Celtronic in a range of locations from the Nerve Centre to the Guildhall with music workshops in the late afternoon. I have picked my top 6 acts that I will be earmarking to get my feet a-stomping.
- Ryan Vail, a Derry native and of dark melodic electronica. Ryan will play a Live set; which having attended his talk at AVA festival; I am very excited to see him in action. Listen to the haunting Wounds
- Or:la , a Derry girl originally now at the helm of underground techno events in Bristol. Or:la recently played a Boiler Room set at AVA festival in Belfast. Her style is quirky and introduces some very cool and funky Indian sounds. Check out Limbo Soup . Orla plays the event on Thursday June 29th at the Guildhall
- The Black Madonna – This woman is a pillar of what you can do when you “believe” in music. Kudos to the lady and all she has achieved. Her funky Chicago house style closed the recent Sonar festival, an accolade, Laurent Garnier has adorned. We salute her. (Check out the RA documentary) The Black Madonna opens the event on Wednesday June 28th, St. Columbs Hall
- Carl Craig – a techno legend with many aliases – the original Carl Craig is minimal techno, all the same great music I saw him at Bloc In 2015 and he blew my mind(and my feet) Carl Craig plays Friday June 30th, Nerve Centre
- Ben UFO – Ben’s style is quite acid-y with a hint of Africa and plays never heard before materal. Definitely will be a set to pay attention to. Ben UFO plays the Guildhall, Thursday June 29th
- Ellen Alien – A long timer on the electronic scene and with many creative abilities under her belt, her set will definitely be one to get your aerobic activity in. Check out Landing XX for the acid synths and pulsing bass Ellen Alien plays St. Columbs Hall, July 1st
Further details of tickets at http://www.wegottickets.com/event/401460
Facebook: @Celtronicfestival, Twitter @Celtronic